Gibney Communications won Best Corporate Campaign at the PRCA Awards 2018.
Following recent successful executive appointments, we now have a vacancy for a PR Intern, starting at a date to be agreed in September. Interviews are taking place in June / July so please submit your CV as soon as possible to email@example.com.
Role & Details
You will work in support of a diverse PR executive team servicing clients of the agency and assisting in administration. This is a paid internship, details of which will be given at interview. The appointment is for an initial period of three months, which may be extended to six months. Following a successful internship, you will be considered for a full-time executive role.
- An honours undergraduate or postgraduate degree in any discipline.
- A keen desire to start a career in the field of communications.
- Demonstrable excellent writing skills.
- A track record of working, ideally in a relevant environment.
What you’ll achieve
- You will gain experience in implementing PR programmes for leading corporate clients.
- You will develop your research and writing skills.
- You will be exposed to media trends and issues and learn to monitor media coverage.
- You will learn some of the basic skills of a PR executive in a high-performance team.
- You will learn time management and project management skills.
- You will take the first step on to a PR career ladder and make yourself marketable for employment in the dynamic PR sector.
Who you are
- You are a bright, savvy and ambitious candidate, quick to learn and with lots of common sense.
- You have a strong academic record with a minimum 2:1 degree from a reputable leading university
- You have a strong work ethic, are resilient and able to handle adversity.
- You are good at multi-tasking and can handle work pressure calmly.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You are confident, articulate and will turn your hand to anything.
- You enjoy writing and can meet deadlines and have an active interest in current affairs.
- You are keen to pursue a fast-paced and stimulating career in corporate public relations
We also have the following interesting and rewarding career opportunities for ambitious executives.
Senior PR Account Executive
Gibney Communications, one of Ireland’s leading independent public relations agencies has an opening for an experienced, motivated corporate Senior Account Executive for some of its most high profile client accounts.
The right candidate will have two to three years’ experience in an agency or similar environment. You must have excellent writing skills, strong media contacts and a flair for digital communication, along with client service abilities.
You will have a passion and proven track record in corporate or marketing communications in a PR agency or similar environment. This is a corporate position but interest in current consumer trends and public affairs will also be an advantage.
Successful candidates will join a growing team which is experienced, strong and senior-led, working with demanding blue-chip clients. You will enjoy excellent career progression prospects, gaining exceptional experience and exposure to some of the most exciting communications challenges in Irish business.
Please submit application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org